Grilled rosemary chicken is both flavorful and aromatic, and will make your backyard smell like the Mediterranean. With lemon, garlic and a hint of brown sugar, this will become your go-to marinade. This was inspired by a recipe from “The Language of Baklava.”
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h
- Category: Chicken & Turkey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, one large lemon
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Whisk together everything except the chicken in a large bowl.
- Place the chicken in a large zip-lock plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Before grilling, remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill or broil as desired.