My friend Annie’s artichoke dip, to be exact. She made this last summer for Bunco and once we endlessly dissected the ingredients to identify any hidden gluten, I dove in with abandon (hence yet another contributing, albeit delicious, reason why I needed to diet).
Like Annie herself, her version is sassier than mine, with Tabasco sauce and jalapeño peppers, two items I couldn’t source at my local Trader Joe’s, and with my own Bunco night looming large, I simply didn’t have the time to stop at yet one more store.
No worries. Sassy or not, this dip is a crowd pleaser.
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 4-ounce can green chilies, drained and chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Grease a medium-sized oven-proof dish.
- Add all ingredients to prepared dish; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle an additional ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve with tortilla chips or gluten-free baguette slices.