This healthy “fried” rice comes together in a flash, thanks to the help of the microwave and a few convenience ingredients.
> ” class=”mce-wp-more mceItemNoResize” title=”More…” />
Although it seems like a lot of steps, each takes just moments, and none really require your attention (other than the egg).
Toss a 10-ounce bag of brown rice into the microwave. While that steams, crack one egg into a skillet and scramble on low. Meanwhile, chop a few scallions. Once the rice is done, steam some frozen peas in the microwave. Toss everything together along with some slivered almonds and a dash of gluten-free soy sauce and you’ve got yourself an Asian-inspired side dish that’s on the table faster than you (or your honey) can grill a steak.
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen brown rice
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce alternative (such as Bragg Liquid Amino)
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat and scramble the egg.
- Once the rice is done, microwave the peas according to package directions.
- Combine everything into a serving bowl, gently stiring to combine. Add more gluten-free soy sauce alternative as needed to taste.
Leave a Reply