Champagne, long-stemmed red roses, and reservations at the hottest spot in town: are those the things that Valentine’s Day dreams are made of? If you’re anything like me, the answer is “kind of.” For me, an ideal Valentine’s Day dinner is all about bubbly, an amazing steak, and my hubbie, of course.
Just as every family has their own holiday traditions, every girl’s dream Valentine’s Day will be different. Since my birthday falls in the days after Valentine’s Day, and because I’m frugal at heart, a Valentine’s Day dinner at home is my favorite way to spend the evening. Add a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and I’m set.
- As you and your love cook together, snack on my favorite spiced nuts while sipping a cold glass of champagne.
- Then fire up the oven, because it’s time for steakhouse steaks.
- For something green, toss together this easy Caesar salad.
- For the side, add a decadent asparagus risotto.
- End the evening with homemade chocolate ice cream topped with caramel sauce.
This menu comes together easily and is reminiscent of a fine steak house dinner. And guess what? With the money you save on staying in, your loved one will have plenty left over to splurge on a lovely gift for you. Diamonds, anyone?