This recipe highlights two of my favorite things: chicken and low-fat. But don’t mistake low fat for low flavor – the basil and scallions pack a punch. Add a little sea salt instead of your usual table or kosher salt, and the salad gets even zingier (more zingy?).
Right now this is on my weekly rotation, because it’s fast, easy and delicious. Not to mention it’s the perfect recipe for leftovers. If you’re grilling out tonight, use this marinade, grill up a few extra chicken breasts, and you have yourself a low-fat lunch.
- 4 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except the basil, salt and pepper to a salad bowl.
- Gently stir to combine, adding the basil once everything else is combined.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Serve as a salad or a sandwich topped with fresh tomato slices.