My recipe repertoire has definitely expanded since starting my blog in 2010, but there are still recipes I turn to again and again. One of my goals in 2011 was to become a more intuitive cook, confident in producing dishes without consulting a recipe. This handful of easy, everyday fulfilled my goal (not to mention my stomach):
1. Bacon & Sausage Soup: I’ve made this soup so many times, my friend Carla calls it my signature soup. Equally hearty and elegant, it’s a one-pot meal that satisfies every time.
2. Turkey Chili: What I love about this chili is it’s healthy yet filling. That is to say, it doesn’t feel like diet food. It also freezes well, making it the ultimate last-minute meal.
3. Lentil Bruschetta Dip: Not a recipe so much as an assembly, this dip is a nice light lunch served with crackers and a salad. Plus it’s perfect for meatless Mondays thanks to protein-packed lentils.
4. Chicken & Barley Soup: It’s obvious by now I love soups, and why not? They’re easy to assemble, keep well, and make good use of whatever leftovers you have on hand. This soup is reason enough to buy that gorgeous Staub Dutch oven you’ve had your eye on.
5. Peanut Butter M&M Blondies: No favorites list would be complete without something sweet, and this blondie was my favorite sweet of 2011. I made it for cookie exchanges, teacher gifts, blogger brunches and bake sales.
There are plenty of recipes I’m excited to test in 2012, as you can see from my Pinterest board. What recipe are you dying to try in the coming year?