Happy New Year! Do you feel refreshed (notice how I’m asking this question the day after the day after New Year’s Eve!)? I slept like a log last night, which if you know me and my insomnia, is a gift in itself. We had one of the funniest – laughing out loud like I haven’t in ages! – New Year’s Eves ever and some amazing food, courtesy of my friend Carla and her cassoulet, a labor of love and a love letter to meat.
But anyway – refreshed. A good night’s sleep, an afternoon at the beach with friends, a walk with the dogs this morning … it’s nice to slowly welcome back the routines of everyday life. Including blogging.
Every month I meet with an incredible group of women to discuss blogging, writing, photography, technology, social media – anything and everything connected to blogging. I’m grateful to these women not just for their knowledge but for their friendship and everything they bring to our little community of bloggers. One of the healthiest things we can do for ourselves is have a tight group of like-minded ladies to surround ourselves with. I’m grateful for these women, and want to introduce you to their blogs. Here, a glimpse of some of my favorite recipes from some of my favorite local bloggers.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup from California Greek Girl
- Zucchini & Lemon Quinoa Pilaf from Family Spice
- Scottish Toffee from Liz the Chef
- Fig & Pistachio Couscous Salad from Mimi Avocado (substitue a gluten-free grain if needed)
- Vegetarian Thai Lettuce Cups from Recipe Renovator
- Scrambled Egg Stack from Rustic Garden Bistro
- Healthy Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps from She’s Cookin’
Feel free to share your favorite blogger recipes in the comments below!