Salads are one of my favorite lunches. Tossed together with whatever leftover protein I have in the fridge, it’s a fast, healthy lunch that always satisfies.
I try to rotate my dressings, though, to spice things up a bit. This Dijon Vinaigrette is one of my favorites; I turn to it again and again and trot it out for everything from PTA potlucks to fancy dinners at home. The Dijon gives it just enough punch to elevate it from ordinary to extraordinary, and the red vinegar adds a special zing. Between the zing and the punch, you can’t go wrong. Let’s eat!
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups olive oil
- Combine all ingredients into a small jar.
- Secure the lid and shake until all ingredients are combined.
- Stores well, refrigerated, for five days.