Sometimes a girl just wants to nosh on something savory that pairs perfectly with wine. This artichoke pesto crostini, served on top of thinly sliced rounds of sourdough bread, fits the bill.
Are you just now getting your Super Bowl menu ready? For me, Super Bowl is all about the apps, and this one is definitely going to make my day come Sunday.
This recipe comes together quickly thanks to one of the most hardworking tools in your kitchen (besides you) – your food processor. Drop everything into the bowl, pulse a few times, and voilà! Perfect artichoke pesto.
You can easily double the recipe to feed a crowd, thin with more oil or water to serve over warm pasta, or even reduce or remove the garlic if your guests don’t want the breath of a fire-breathing dragon.
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- ¾ cup walnuts or almonds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ - ½ cup olive oil
- Sourdough baguette
- Combine all ingredients, except the olive oil and bread, into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade.
- Pulse until combined into a paste.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Slice the baguette into thin rounds.
- Spread each round with a small dollop of pesto and serve on a large platter.