It’s been a few weeks since the bake sale (an event I love but had to miss because I was touring San Diego’s avocado country), and I realized I hadn’t yet shared my tasty treats with you!
I updated these peanut butter M&M blondies that I first made via the Secret Recipe Club – the original recipe comes from Greens & Chocolate. But since I, um, ate all the M&M’s the night before (I had some help: it was bunco night), I had to go begging my neighbor for chocolate chips. She had both white and dark chocolate. Pretty!
And pretty yummy, although since these use regular flour, lil’ ole gluten-free me had to rely on my friend Liz’s son to assure me they were awesome. With more than 40 bloggers participating in the sale, our team raised a whopping $3000+ for Share Our Strength! Can’t wait to see what we do next year.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate M&M’s (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and remove from heat. Stir in the peanut butter and set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla into the peanut butter mixture.
- Fold the flour mixture into the saucepan, stir to combine. The batter will be thick.
- Spread into a greased 9×13” pan, using your hands if necessary to spread the batter evenly throughout the pan.
- Top the batter with the M&Ms, lightly pressing each into the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the dough is lightly browned and a fork inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Averie @ Averie Cooks says
Too bad neither one of us were at the bake sale and were in Avocado Country. Then again, probably a good thing. I would have bought up all of these!
Becs @ Lay the table says
Great photos! Love the look of the brownies and congrats to you all for raising so much money – truly incredible!
Liz @ Yum at first bite says
These went quickly at the sale. My kids and I were lucky there was a left over one for us to try. They were delicious!! You’re packaging was so cute too!