Union Square Spiced Nuts
Search the Internet far and wide, and you'll find dozens of versions of Union Square's spiced nuts. And no wonder; these are the perfect snack to go with your afternoon cocktail. Who needs dinner?!
- 1 pound unsalted mixed nuts (the original recipe called for mixed nuts; I've found all almonds or all cashews works nicely, too)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet, then toast in the oven until fragrant and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- As the nuts cool, combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the nuts into the butter, stirring to thoroughly coat the nuts.
- Return to the oven and toast for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by The California Table at http://thecaliforniatable.com/spiced-nuts/